Have A Bathroom That Is Rarely Used? What You Should Know.
Do you have a bathroom in your home that doesn't see much use? Whether it's in the guest room, the team at Drain Wizards has some advice for you.
A bathroom that stays unused for a long time can develop problems. Here's what you need to know:
- Foul Odors: The stagnant water in the drain trap can dry out over time, allowing sewer gases to travel up into your home. This can cause a noticeable unpleasant smell.
- Malfunctioning Fixtures: Plumbing fixtures such as faucets and toilets can deteriorate over time if not used regularly. This might cause leaks when they are finally turned on.
- P-Trap Evaporation: If a sink, shower, or tub isn’t used for a long time, the water in the P-Trap can evaporate, making it easier for sewer gases to enter your home.
Now, should you be worried? No, there are a few easy steps you can take:
- Even if you don't use the bathroom, flushing the toilet and running the faucets once a week prevents the P-Traps from drying out.
- Regular inspections can detect leakage or malfunctions early and save you from costly repairs down the line.
- If you smell persistent foul odor or notice a leak, call the professionals at Drain Wizards. Our team can inspect your bathroom and fix any issues promptly.
Remember, professional care can go a long way in maintaining the wellbeing of your home. Is there something you're unsure about when it comes to your rarely-used bathroom? Get in touch with Drain Wizards today!