Did you realize that your home's plumbing system accounts for around 15% of its overall value? That is a huge investment!
DAILY PLUMBING MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST:
- Clear clogs ASAP to prevent deeper blockages in pipes
- Carefully choose what does and doesn’t go down the drains
- After using your disposal, run cold water for at least 15 seconds to flush it out
WEEKLY PLUMBING MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST:
- Keep an eye out for leaks and moisture (especially under sinks)
- Be mindful of drainage speeds (fast or slow drain in sinks and toilets)
- Inspect pipes and fittings on appliances for rust, corrosion, moisture, and leaks
SEASONAL PLUMBING MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST:
- In colder months, consider insulating pipes exposed to exterior walls
- Monitor sprinklers and outdoor faucets for drips or leaks
- Schedule an inspection to ensure everything is performing optimally
- Ask a professional if your hot water heater should be flushed
At the end of the day, plumbing maintenance is pretty easy so long as you keep an eye out for any signs of early issues. Heading off small issues before they become a big headache can end up saving you big in the long run.