A clogged toilet is no laughing matter. If not addressed, it can leave you with a serious mess on your hands at best, and at worst, damage to your pipes. In this brief guide, we give you a few quick and easy tips to unclog your toilet on your own. If all else fails, give us a call and let a professional clear your clog quickly and affordably.
Here are a few steps you can take to unclog your toilet:
- The plunger: A tried and true hero of the bathroom, a couple plunges might be all it takes to clear things out.
- Dish Soap: If plunging on its own doesn’t work, consider about ½ cup of dish soap to help ‘lubricate’ the pipes and aid in things sliding down.
- Hot Water: If the blockage isn’t a total block and/or if there is room to add water, hot water can help soften any blockage and aid with plunging it down.
- Plunger Gun: These are typically a type of pressurized squirt gun that forcibly shoots water or air down the pipe in an effort to shake things loose.
- Rooter / Snake: A snake can sometimes be used to break apart a clog. But be warned, these can also get stuck themselves, and if you’re not careful, can even damage pipes.
If you’re still having issues, or would prefer a professional to handle your clog from the get-go, give us a call and we’ll have someone out to your property fast.