How to Prevent Sewer Backups
Are you tired of dealing with sewer backups in your Melbourne Beach home? There’s nothing worse than the stench of sewage in a hot Florida yard! Here are some tips from our experts on how to avoid this common problem:
- Dispose of waste properly: Never flush anything down the toilet besides toilet paper and human waste. Items like baby wipes, feminine hygiene products, and cooking grease can clog your pipes and cause backups.
- Schedule regular inspections and drain cleaning: Our team at Drain Wizards can help keep your pipes clear with regular drain cleaning services. This will help prevent buildup and blockages that can cause backups. While we're there, we can also inspect your line with some of the latest tools to ensure everything is in good condition.
- Install a backflow prevention valve: This device is designed to prevent sewage from flowing back into your home or business. It's a simple and effective way to protect your property from sewer backups.
- Don't plant trees near your sewer line: tree roots grow and spread as they please, shoving anything else underground out of their way. They can lead to extensive damage to your plumbing lines.
- Don't drain rainfall into your sewer line: When excess water is introduced to the system, it can easily overwhelm your sewer line and cause a backup.
Following these tips can help avoid costly repairs. Contact Drain Wizards today to schedule a drain cleaning or backflow prevention valve installation!