Pipe corrosion can damage pipes, leading to future repair or replacement work, and leeching of metal into your water supply. The following tips can be sued to stop pipe corrosion in its tracks.
Avoid Pipe Corrosion by:
- Reduce the acidity of your water
- Be mindful of what you put down the drains (corrosive or acidic foods and liquids)
- Spray or insulate the exterior of pipes with specialized solutions
- Take steps to reduce condensation and moisture in the area
- Consider the use of a water softener to reduce hard metals, mineral build-up and sediment in pipes
- Have your water tested and your pipes inspected by a licensed plumber who can offer expert advice and affordable preventative solutions