The pros and cons of replacing my cast icon plumbing
Published on: September 21, 2022
The Pros of Replacing Cast Iron Plumbing in Cape Canaveral
- Improved water pressure – over time, cast iron pipes can become clogged with rust and sediment, which can lead to reduced water pressure.
- Reduced chances of leaks – cast iron pipes are susceptible to leaks, which can cause water damage to the property.
- Improved drainage – clogged or slow-moving drains can be a common problem with cast iron plumbing.
- Increased hot water capacity – if you find that you often run out of hot water or that your water heater is constantly running, it could be due to cast iron pipes that are too small to handle the volume of water.
- Better water quality – over time, the build-up of rust and sediment in cast iron pipes can lead to poor water quality.
The Cons of Replacing Cast Iron Plumbing
- Cost – replacing cast iron plumbing can be a costly project, and the costs will vary depending on the size and scope of the job. if you are considering replacing your cast iron plumbing, be sure to get several estimates from reputable contractors to get an accurate idea of the costs.
- Disruption – replacing cast iron plumbing can be a disruptive project, as the work will need to be done in your Cape Canaveral home or business. The contractor will need access to all areas of the property where the cast iron pipes are located.
- Mess – replacing cast iron plumbing can be a messy project, as there will be a lot of dust and debris created during the work.