With 2021 squarely in the rearview, home and business owners look forward to 2022 with anticipation of what’s to come. From interior design to construction materials, and yes, even plumbing, there’s a lot new in 2022 and beyond.
A quick recap of what’s new in plumbing for 2022
- Plumbing Goes Virtual: With the pandemic as a catalyst, there has been an increased demand for ‘no contact’ plumbing services and inspections. Today, consumers are embracing video calls whereby licensed plumbers can help customers troubleshoot simple issues over the call or to provide an estimate for a proposed project.
- Predictive Maintenance: Smarter monitoring to detect potential plumbing issues such as a leak or broken pipe before it happens. The use of sensors can detect issues such as water pressure, temperatures and more.
- Infrared Technology to Identify Leaks: The days of tearing apart walls and ceilings to find a leak are soon coming to an end. Infrared technology now enables plumbers to see through walls and identify exactly where a leak is coming from, resulting in less demolition and lower repair costs.
- Smart Appliances: Smart plumbing appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines and faucets continue to trend heavily, making life easier, more convenient and efficient.
- Energy Efficiency and Environmentally Friendly Designs: A continued effort is being made to develop showerheads, faucets, and toilets that optimize water use, reducing energy costs and environmental impact.