You’re having what would otherwise be a relaxing shower at your Merritt Island residence, but the water pressure is lacking and now you’re wondering what you can do about it.
Before you consider replacing your whole system with a new one, there might be some small adjustments and troubleshooting you can try to resolve the issue.
- Clean the shower head – shower heads are prone to the build-up of lime, minerals and other gunk.
- Check for a flow restrictor.
- If your showerhead uses a hose, check for any kinks.
- Double check that your water value feeding the shower is fully open.
- Check your pipes and basement for leaks.
- Flush the hot water heater or have it inspected for build-up.
- Buy a specialized shower head designed to increase water pressure/flow.
- Call a plumber to have your shower inspected.