Going out of town on vacation is exciting! In addition to kicking back and relaxing, you can usually count on some warm weather, a nice tan, and much needed R&R. However, one thing that may come to mind if you're leaving your house unattended for a while is whether or not your plumbing will be at risk of damage, flooding or worse.
Quick Tips on Preparing Your Plumbing For Going out Of Town On Vacation:
- Shut Off the Main Water Valve.
- Make sure to drain any sprinklers in use.
- Turn down the temperature on your hot water heater to save on energy costs.
- Clean out your garbage disposal so no old food sits in there rotting and stinking your Merritt Island Florida property.
- Do a quick check for leaks or signs of water damage.
- Turn off or unplug all water-using appliances.
- Ask a Neighbor to Check In on the place while you’re out of town.